Sunday, December 20, 2009

Twitter - The Don of Microblogging

I have been a hard core user of Twitter for almost more than 6 months now [of course I use Oratweet more than Twitter, More loyal to Oracle :-)].
If I call Twitter as The Don of Microblogging, I should call Oratweet as The underworld Don. Yes, I love Oratweet more than Twitter. Doesn't matter which I like most, but both of them are real good tools that helps this generation to effectively collaborate with each other. I really cant believe the way information is shared across the the people in a day. Believe me, upload a video to youtube and tweet the link, in case if the youtube video is a useful one, minimum you will have guaranteed 200 hits in a day based on average followers of 100. And if it is more useful video, then I really don't have to tell the approximate hits. You can guess!!

Does every one login to Twitter website to see the tweets? Unlike Orkut scraps or Facebook wall updates, you can get the tweets right on your Desktop using Echofon, a firefox add-on or Pidgin, a chat client. No one wants to log on using browser every 10 mins or 20 mins to see their new tweets. Any new tweets will be pushed to your Desktop apps and you will be forced to see them :-) Thanks to the exposed Twitter APIs which has helped people to come up with such cool apps including one for Iphone as well.

Impressive tweeter whom I love to follow, Mr. Sashi Tharoor - Communicates effectively in 140 characters about his daily updates and actions that he does as an Esteemed External Affairs Minister. I don't miss even a single tweet of his. Thanks to Twitter which helps to directly tell my view to Mr. Tharoor in 140 characters.

Also power of Twitter can be explained on the fact that the Foreign Ministers of India, Egypt and Bahrain had a Tripartite Meeting on Twitter :-) [Posted on Mr. Tharror's website].

Twitter dominates the entire microblogging world and its a lovely tool friends. Start using it and follow me on http://twitter.com/go2kavinkumar.

No comments:

Post a Comment